Employees have chance to win new car based on perfect attendance
PITTSBURGH, Pa. – In its fourth year, IntegraCare’s Continued Attendance Rewards (CAR) Program has evolved into one of the most anticipated events of the year for employees in 10 senior living communities located in Pennsylvania and Maryland.
The CAR Program awards a new car to a dedicated IntegraCare employee based on consistent attendance throughout the previous year. This year’s winner of a new red Ford Eco Sport will be announced on Jan. 30 via IntegraCare’s Facebook Live page. Additionally, three grand prize winners will be named at each of the 10 communities.
“The CAR Program has generated excitement, boosted morale and helped improve attendance and retention of employees throughout our communities,” said Eric Walker, IntegraCare Executive Director of Sales and Marketing. “This innovative concept was introduced in 2015 and our first winners were announced in January of 2016. Since then, the CAR Program announcement has become a huge event our employees look forward to and watch unfold through the live video on Facebook.”
Two IntegraCare employees will drive to the community where the winner is employed. The location is a secret until unveiled during the Facebook Live reveal. Once on site, winner’s name is announced on the live video.
“We were all just patiently waiting to see where the car was coming to,” said Colonial Courtyard at Tyrone housekeeper Jeannie Stack, who won a Ford Focus last year. “When they said they were driving to the community here in Tyrone, we got up and ran to the door. When they called my name, I was so excited. It means a lot to us that the company would do this for an employee.”
Previous new car winner Sharon Edby of Newhaven Court at Lindwood had similar sentiments.
“It was unbelievable. It has impacted my life,” said Edby, who won a new Ford Focus during the inaugural 2016 announcement. “I could not believe the reception I received. People lined up to congratulate me. I was shocked by the number of residents who knew me and knew I won the car.”
The CAR Program has had an impact on multiple fronts:
- IntegraCare employee satisfaction has improved.
- Three IntegraCare communities saw double-digit reduction in turnover from 2017.
- Candle Light Cove saw an 87 percent improvement in turnover reduction.
- Colonial Courtyard at Tyrone had a 19 percent improvement.
- Magnolias of Chambersburg had a 17 percent improvement.
- Perfect attendance improved or remained the same in nine of the 10 communities.
- Newhaven Court at Clearview had a 66 percent improvement in perfect attendance over the previous year.
“Every one of our employees is a key member of the IntegraCare team,” said Richard Irwin, co-founder and CEO of IntegraCare. “They do more than simply ‘show up’ to work. They improve the quality of life for our residents and their families. The CAR Program is one way we recognize our team’s commitment. We are excited to be a part of this event.”
In addition to the new car, employees in the CAR Program at each community are eligible to win three grand prizes:
- First prize, big-screen television, one-year subscription to Netflix, one week of vacation.
- Second prize, iPad, Amazon Prime membership, one week of vacation.
- Third prize, FitBit Versa, Amazon Prime membership, one week of vacation.
“The CAR Program helps us recognize our dedicated team members who work so hard to improve the lives of our residents and their families,” said Loriann Putzier, co-founder and President of IntegraCare. “It’s quite an incentive to show up for work knowing you have an opportunity to win a new car based on perfect attendance. Each year the interest and buzz surrounding the contest seems to grow.”
Guidelines for the program stated that team members received a raffle ticket for each payroll they achieved perfect attendance. For each consecutive payroll period with perfect attendance, all employees received additional tickets equaling the number of consecutive periods of perfect attendance.
Those IntegraCare senior living communities participating in the contest are:
- Candle Light Cove (Easton, Maryland)
- Colonial Courtyard at Bedford (Bedford, Pennsylvania)
- Colonial Courtyard at Clearfield (Clearfield, Pennsylvania)
- Colonial Courtyard at Tyrone (Tyrone, Pennsylvania)
- Magnolias of Chambersburg (Chambersburg, Pennsylvania)
- Magnolias of Lancaster (Lancaster, Pennsylvania)
- Newhaven Court at Clearview (Butler, Pennsylvania)
- Newhaven Court at Lindwood (Greensburg, Pennsylvania)
- The Pines of Mount Lebanon (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- The Woods at Cedar Run (Camp Hill, Pennsylvania)
“You hear a lot of people talking about the program and they are excited that our company does this,” said Ryan Hershey, who won a car in 2017 and hasn’t missed a day of work in 10 years with IntegraCare. “This makes more people want to come to work.”
For more information, contact Eric Walker, IntegraCare Executive Director of Sales and Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724.940.5544, Ext. 114.