Senior living community helps kick off Irish Heritage celebration
The Irish Toast will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. at the senior living community located at 5546 East Pleasant Valley Boulevard. The toast is open to the public at no charge.
“Colonial Courtyard at Tyrone has the honor of kicking off the Tyrone community’s annual Irish Heritage festivities,” said Jennifer Gummo, Community Relations Director at Colonial Courtyard at Tyrone. “This is an opportunity for people to enjoy an evening of Irish appetizers, beer, and wine with our ‘Mistress of Ceremonies,’ Debbie Hoy.”
Hoy is an on-air personality at WTRN 1340 AM Radio of Tyrone.
The Irish Heritage celebration in Tyrone lasts four days. Events on the schedule include:
- Irish Toast, Colonial Courtyard at Tyrone, 5-7 p.m., on March 12.
- The lighting of the shamrock at City Hotel Park, 6 p.m. on March 13.
- Family Fun Blast, Tyrone-Snyder Public Library, 6 to 8 p.m. on March 13.
- Fireworks, at dusk March 13.
- 5K and 10K races, then street vendors, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on March 14.
- Irish Dog Fashion Show, 10:30 a.m. on March 14.
- Music by Kent Martin, noon to 2 p.m. on March 14.
- Irish Parade, 2 p.m. on March 14.
- Rail City Drum and Bugle Corps concert, following the parade on March 14.
- Worship service at Wesley United Methodist Church, 7 p.m. on March 15.
“The Irish Heritage festivities are such a big part of the Tyrone area,” Gummo said. “It’s special that the team at Colonial Courtyard at Tyrone will once again play a role in this celebration.”
To RSVP by March 6 for the Irish Toast, call 814.686.5970.
For more information, contact Jennifer Gummo, Community Relations Director, Colonial Courtyard at Tyrone, at email@example.com or 814.686.5970.